Oct 11, 2010

Casa Bonita

If you grew up in Colorado, you've probably been to Casa Bonita. I haven't been in around 20 years, but my mom and my sister talked me into it today. The crazy thing is that it is exactly the same as I remember it as a kid. EXACTLY. I thought maybe they would have remodeled or revamped the menu. Nope! The food is still overpriced and terrible, but the sopapillas are good (it's fried dough with honey - hard to mess that up!). The cliff diving is still fun to watch. Yep, same games, same decorations, same carpet!

Alli and Nick were completely mesmorized by the place, mostly the water fountain out front and the waterfall and dive shows. Not to mention the "spooky cave" with giant spiders that made Alli cry (oops!). The best part of the whole trip was seeing it through the kid's eyes. But I hope they remember it, becuase we probably won't go back again.


The twinsters playing in the fountain out front. I'm just glad they didn't decide to go swimming!













Enjoying (not really) our lunch. Lindsey was siting at the table, but then the gorilla in one of the shows scared her, so she sat in Makenna's high chair because we told her it would protect her...haha.





































They had a bazillion of the little rides like you see at the grocery store. The kids got to each ride a few times. Big smiles!

















































Side note: I have been to the Mayan in Salt Lake and it seemed very similar, although the food and ambiance were better there. And sorry if the formatting turned out wierd on this, Blogger is acting strange tonight. I don't know whats going on.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Too funny! Quite the "experience" wasn't it!