Oct 24, 2010

Babies



On a whim I rented this movie from Netflix and watched it one night while Nick was sick. I though it was totally mesmerizing - maybe because I have a baby or maybe because I am sleep deprived. It is a documentary that follows 4 babies from different parts of the world from birth until shortly after their first birthday. Alli and Nick watched it with me the next day and they both seemed to like it too. Anyway, if you are interested at all in babies you should check it out.


I have some other posts I want to catch up on, but I've been taking caring of a sick Nick the last two weeks. We aren't really sure what's going on with him. He is fine all day and then wakes up every night between 9 and 1AM and throws up for a couple of hours. I feel so bad for him and so helpless because nothing we have tried has worked. I've taken him to the doctor and then talked to the doctor almost every day last week. He might be getting an upper GI scope this week to check things out. Alli and Makenna were fine most of last week, but have both thrown up this weekend. So, it could be a virus too. Who knows? I am grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord over the last two weeks, but I really want my family back to normal.

4 comments:

Quast Family said...

im sorry nick is sick!! hopefully you guys figure out whats going on. keep us posted :)
amanda

m@R(! said...

I watched that movie last week with a few of my friends. We were laughing when it was over because we made our kids stay in the other room while we watched other ladies kids and wondered why there mothers weren't with them. ha

Kathy said...

Katie, sorry Nick is sick. That is no fun. I hope he feels better soon and that you can catch a break.

Rachel said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry, Katie! Having sick kids is the worst. Give me a call if you need anything.