Oct 29, 2010

Update on Nick

It's been another long week. Aside from my family (including my entire immediate family, plus my sister, Russ, and my parents) getting a stomach virus, Nick has continued to throw up at least once a day, usually at night. He went to Children's Hospital this morning to have an upper GI study. They gave him a solution to drink that included a bromine dye and watched it progress through his stomach via x-ray. They didn't find anything abnormal. Which is good, but also frustrating because we still don't know what is wrong. He has an appointment with a gastroenterologist next Thursday at Children's. Until then we are going to try a test for parasites and then maybe an antihistamine to block any allergic reaction he might be having. The antihistamine will make him really drowsy, so we are holding off on it for a while. He is pretty happy all day long, but is losing weight and is a little more demanding. He also HATES going to the doctor right now so that makes it harder too. I think he keeps remembering a couple of weeks ago when they pricked his finger and drew some blood out of his arm. Not fun. I feel bad for him, especially with Halloween coming up, escpecially since he spent part of last Halloween in the hospital. I guess its just not his best holiday. Thanks Courtney, my mom, and my dad for helping so much!

4 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Oh man Katie! I hope Nick gets better! If you want to drop Alli over here for an appointment I know Bridget would totally love it.

Kirsta 'n co. said...

I hope they figure out what's up! Sometimes I think any news, even bad news, is better than no news when it comes to sick kids. At least then you KNOW. Still, I hope you get some GOOD news, and good luck with antihistamines. So good luck!

wrightNOW said...

Poor little guy...and mommy! We will keep him in our prayers!

Kathy said...

That really stinks Katie. Good luck with it all and let me know if I can help with the girls.