Sep 5, 2008

Green Chile Labor Day

Our family has a tradition of making green chile on Labor Day. We make huge quantities (~100 cups) that we freeze and eat the rest of the year. We love it! Thanks so much Brian for watching the kids!

My dad roasting the green chiles from his garden.



















My sister Courtney peeling some of the 48+ cups of green chiles.














Mom making the green chile on the camp chef (new this year!)














Enjoying the feast - rellenos and tamales smothered with green chile - yum!

4 comments:

Simply Saving said...

We love green chile. We have been roasting and freezing some from our garden the last few weeks. They are so yummy!

Ashlee said...

That looks like a BIG project, but fun!

Ashlee said...

Hey- Were are going private on our blog and I want to add you to our list. Send me your email address so I can forward an invite to you, so you can still check out our blog..

ashleewright07@gmail.com

Ashlee said...

You've been tagged. Read my blog :)