Aug 26, 2008

Camping Trip

A couple of months ago I had the GREAT idea that our family should go car camping. Brian and I used to backpack, but now that we have the twins, this is just not possible anymore. So I thought car camping would be a good way to get outside and have fun with the family. My sister and Lindsey came along (no Russ - he's in Qatar) as well as my parents who were kind enough to make all of our meals (THANKS SO MUCH!)

We went to Redstone which is past Glenwood Springs and Carbondale. We did have fun, but it was a lot of work and I wasn't prepared (mentally) for the temperature extremes. It was 85+ during the day and 45 at night. Temperature extremes with babies makes things a lot harder. Did I mention that I love heating and air conditioning? Thanks to my family for supporting me in all my crazy ideas!

Me and my favorite (only) niece Lindsey














Umbrella stroller high chairs














45 degrees in the pack 'n play














My mom hanging out at camp (85 degrees)














My fabulous sister














My favorite boys sharing watermelon














Cute even when camping!

7 comments:

Courtney said...

You beat me to the posting!! Overall I think we had a great time!! Now time to plan for next years trip to the Cabin!! :)

Ashlee said...

How fun! You are pretty daring. I want to go camping so bad, but figure Makella would be horrible!?!?

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

I am glad it wasn't too bad. We love camping. Next year we should all get together and camp, Nathan is great with a dutch oven! :)

Melanie and Troy said...

Gotta love that first camping trip with the kids. I think I was up all night our first - second - and third time. Hopefully it gets better! You guys all look so adorable.

Rusty and Tara said...

Hi Brian and Katie!
It's Rusty and Tara from Utah State! I actually found you using a website I created called theBlogFrog.com . Congrats on the twins! We still need to get together but I don't have Brians phone# any more. You're still in Colorado right? You can see our blog at tararustyhallejosh.blogspot.com

J & L said...

that looks like so much fun! looks like everyone are doing great! i love being able to keep up on whats going on with all of you! i was actually just thinking the other day about the time that my family went with your family up to your cabin in idaho and how much fun it was! well, hope everything continues to go great! love you guys!

Amy C said...

Katie & Brian-
Your kids are so cute!! You guys look like you are doing well. I found you on Quasts blog.
Tom & Amy Cowley