Mar 6, 2010

2-Week Update

Makenna is getting to be such a big girl. She had her 2 week check-up yesterday and is doing great! She gained back all her birth weigh and then some. She now weighs 8 lb 15 oz. No wonder why her newborn clothes are already getting too small!

She also lost her yucky umbilical stump thing yesterday morning. I was so excited to give her a real bath. I thought she would love it. She wasn't too thrilled about it...then she totally desecrated the bath and we had to do an emergency evacuation and a shower in the sink. I was really hoping for a happy first bath picture, but this is what we got instead:Alli gets to "hold" Makenna now that she isn't sick anymore. She loves her baby sister!

Nick and Alli gave up pacifiers a few months ago, but Nick couldn't resist trying out Makenna's.

This was the last week that Brian had mostly off from work. My mom and sister helped me on the two days that he wasn't off (thank you!). Next week I will be mostly on my own and it should be exciting!

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

i love the binky pic.... Good luck with the kids by yourself! You'll do great

Kathy said...

I hope this week is treating you well.

Bealer Babies said...

Congratulations guys!! How fun to have a new little one. she is so cute! :o)