Feb 25, 2011

Favorite Things

A couple of weeks ago it was my turn for Tot School and the theme was "My Favorite Things". The kids were SO excited to tell me all about their favorite toys, snacks, colors, friends, etc.

The first project we worked on was painting boxes for the kids to keep their favorite things. I was amazed how seriously they all took the painting of their boxes - even Nick who will usually paint for a couple of minutes and then get up to play. They all very carefully picked a color and painted every surface of their boxes.


The snacks for the week were the kids' favorite snacks. On the first day we had cheese and crackers (for Lindsey), fruit snacks (for Keegan), and chocolate milk (for Nick).

On the second day we had green jell-o jigglers (for Tanner), cinnamon teddy grahams (for Bridget), and apple juice (for Alli).

For our project on the second day we made books about all of the kid's favorite things. I interviewed them on the first day and then found pictures of their answers. They were very excited to see pictures of all the pictures. Here is Keegan getting ready to work on his book. He is such a sweetie. When I asked him who his favorite friend was he said "mommy".

I took a picture of each kid for the front of the books. Lindsey and Nick's turned out especially cute, I thought.

No comments: