Sep 20, 2010

Potty-Training

After reading a book about potty-training in 1 day (!) I decided to try it out with Alli. One Saturday near the end of June I made this amazing snack tray and made several other preparations. I was excited. Alli was excited. And it failed miserably. After 7 accidents in 2 or 3 hours I gave up. Mostly because she didn't have any clean underwear left. I think she thought it was so much fun to put a new pair of *princess* underwear on after every accident!

Since then we practiced a few hours here and there until she got the idea. Then a few weeks ago when we were going to be home most of the week, I made the commitment and she has done really well. She's only had one accident in the last week! This is her playing with her big reward (a doctor's set). She loves this set. Nick was outside playing and got hurt. She ran inside, grabbed her doctor set, and ran out to help! For the past 3 months she has been obsessed with doctors and has told me several times that she wants to be a doctor when she grows up!

No comments: