Aug 7, 2008

Getting Started...Catching Up

I've also decided to join the "blogolution" with only a little peer pressure from my sister!

Our family is doing great. Nick and Alli are almost 9 months old. They are crawling everywhere and pulling themselves up onto everything. It is amazing to me how different their little personalities are already. Nick is such a little man. He grunts, flexes, farts, and pushes anything with wheels (and some things without wheels) around with him everywhere. Alli is our sweet little girl. She has such an even-tempered disposition. She is teething right now and I didn't even realize it because she is almost always so happy. She has been saying dadada a lot and has started "singing". She has a very interesting crawling style. She pulls herself around on her tummy. It almost looks like she is swimming (which she LOVES). I could go on forever about these babies (what mother couldn't). They are so fun and such a blessing. There are many crazy days, but it is so worth it.

What else...My sister and Russ moved 1 mile away from us (we live in Thornton, CO) in March and had a baby girl named Lindsey on April 2nd. It has been so fun (and helpful) having them live close. My parents also live close, about 10 miles away. I am working part-time at URS Washington Division (formerly Washington Group Intl.) as a process engineer in the Oil and Gas group. I love my time at home, but I also like getting a "break" a couple days a week. Yes - it's true - being a SAHM is much harder than having an office job (for all you dads out there!) Speaking of dads, Brian is an awesome dad. He loves his babies and they love him. He took last week off of work and we spent a week going to the zoo, going swimming, and doing family stuff. That's us...I'll try to keep this updated, so check back often.

1 comment:

Janalie Romrell said...

Katie, I was so excited to see your blog! Your babies are so cute! It is great to see that you guys are happy and doing well. We are also doing well. I have really been slacking on our family blog, I'll let you know when I get around to updating it again. What a cute family you guys have. Love Janalie